Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Supervisory Meeting

w/ Mike Waller, Yanna Vogiazou

Talked about:

1) Nets, foldouts, geometic polyhedra as primitve forms.

MW: What has this got to do with Toolkits? Another PhD?
- Well no its not just Toolkits - its more like 'Tools, Toolkits and their makers'. -- and exactly what they make with it; Art, Design, Craft, Music, Textiles, Engineering... etc.
- Also my  practice would be what  end up making.
 I mentioned Fab Labs - its a studio/process/concept/tools/ethos combine - that would be the end or start of the big project - the '**** LAB' (dont like the word lab tho.)

So how to...
2D Software - Vellum, Techsoft2D
Exporting in .dxf or ??? for CAD/CAM
(check with Richard


2) Protoyping 
- Generators
Cargo Cult Designs paper mentioned by Yanna, thanks
- its an interesting read. It does point up lot of question for me.
I think in the end that personally I had previously never just protoypes as part of process, just try and make the thing through experimentation and iteration.
Largely I guess that is cos they are oneoff artefacts rather than models to be replicated in small or mass production.


3) WIKIs
Yes I want to use a wiki software -
this is a wiki.
so it this a
I will make a prototype :P 

Next meeting: 29 Nov 14:00


No comments: